Below is a brief explanation and then an example of how to control your bulbs remotely by sending yourself an email.
Your presets are available using the command preset:
The name of your preset is case-sensitive. The result will be 1 if the preset was found and triggered, or 0 if there was a problem.
In addition to your named presets, you can use "All on", "All off", "All blink" (the latter could be used to alert you to something like new email coming in).
Control your lights remotelyThis example allows you to send an instruction to your lights from anywhere and any device. It sets up Mail to trigger a script when an email is received with a specific subject line.
1. Create a script that says:
tell application "Hue-topia"
preset "All on"
2. Save the script somewhere.
3. Create a rule in Mail (Preferences > Rules. You will need to add the new script to Mail ( to ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail. Or choose “Open in Finder” from the rules window to open the folder so you can copy a script into it.)
4. Create a new script and rule for each preset you want to control by mail.
5. To test, send yourself an email with the subject you've specified in the rule.